Thursday, December 31, 2009

Who Am I ?





Tell me who am I , brother .
There is the me and then the other,
My alter ego won't surrender,
And this it is that makes me wonder.

How far will I have to travel ,
Before I can the plot unravel?
The secrets of the human mind,
Mysteries of all mankind.

I thought I knew who I was ,
Until I saw through gossamer and gauze,
Not easy to penetrate the shell,
And dive into a darkened well.

Consciously I can decided ,
The other to deride,
Subconsciously , I'm overpowered,
The other me always on guard.

A battle royal will then ensue ,
As I'm sure it does for you :
there is always two of us in one ,
So one can sun while other has fun

Go to Market and punt away,
Or bide at home and stay away:
The choice is always yours to make,
Don't believe the other, for he is a fake .

If you still don't get the hang of it,
You are not alone , not one bit:
Mother ,father, or grandfather,
Won't get you down this road much farther.

By Ashok Sawhny

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Who am I made me to wonder who actually I am. Is singularity of our existence a myth. I am we and we fight against myself. One win and other loss still its me who lose or win. Looks these days a good poet is in making, but whats happening to the engineer is he still there?

Nivedita said...

I am two people- one of them have follow the principle of "Jame Raho" and the 2nd one loves to enjoy the sweeter things in life.

Aditya Deadpan said...

Pankaj , This is written by Ashok Sawhny in urdu. I am now a days reading poetry so on my way for urdu and hindi poetry I encountered these amazing poems so thought of sharing with you .

Aditya