Saturday, March 20, 2010

My College : My Heaven




My flowers are blooming in the night
The running cars and the bright sight

Floating in the oceans of thoughts
Thinking if I should Dive in or not

Recalled the old memories of college and Jhoops
Feeling as i am still there, but now in morse codes

The AC labs and hustling classes
Mostly bunking them for the masses

The Tech fests and the class rooms
Seems like I am trapped somewhere in those rumbling Noons


The vastness of Oval and Silence of Library
Making me think now if i am living a life full of slavery

Those gilla anda chiks and bun amlates
I am missing them in high tech resturants and in my cafeteria plates



Mess fights and family funda
Seems still flagging like RECD Jhanda

Night outs and DJ shows
Missing Bihari morh and HOD sir's Practical jokes

Ragging , rags , bragging and bags
Party , panga, mess bills and club tags

Music and Ganja ,Daru and diims (In bengali Egg is : Diim)
Once combined , showed us Midnight Sunbeams



Gandhi morh's Chai and Techno's milk shakes
Were the only things that kept us awake

Wing parties and Birthday bumps
Reminding me of Hall nights and boundary jumps



Let me pack up and go back
and live in a life where nothing ever lacks.



Regards,
Aditya Dogra
As old wood is best to burn, old horses to ride, old books to read ,and old wine to drink ,so are the old friends always most trustworthy and old moments are best to be recalled.

5 comments:

Nivedita said...

While I was reading through, the entire college life came to life in my mind, though I am still in college, but there couldn't have been a more complete and vivid description than this.....Kudos to you brother.

Avishek D said...

fantastic. Luvd it!!!

Tarun aggarwal said...

good one bro...i can feel the longing to get back to engg days...

Unknown said...

too gud dogra...maza aa gaya...ek shayeri hamari taraf se bhi sun lo....
"yaad hai woh valentine day ki raat, hum sab the sath sath,
city centre ki masti aur bahng ka mitha swaad"

Aditya Deadpan said...

@gaurav : dil khus kar diya tune dost
Dil garden garden ho gaya

Isse baat par tere liye :

===========
Maloom nahi ki kitni thee bhang ki mithass

Aisa lagta ki woh aise hi mithee gayi thee.. kiyu ki mere saath thee Dost kuch Khass


Woh dagmagati road, woh sameer ki chai aur kachori

Woh Mandir ki ghanti , woh hara bhara kabah , jiss mein se hum ek bhi haddi naa thee chori


Woh barat mein nachna .....

Aur dadu ke har ek pehlu ko CID ki tarah Janchna ..

==========

sab yaad hai mujhe ek lamhe ki tarah ..